Featured Post

Hoopa Doopa Valley Children's book , watercolor illustrations

  All three of the Hoopa Doopa Valley books are now available at Amazon.com! My aunt and I worked together to create this wonderful trilogy ...

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Macaw Painting a Portrait of a Parakeet, watercolor



©SandraJessop, Plato Paints, Watercolor, 6x8

For Illustration Friday's topic of "Portrait" I thought it would be cute to have our macaw, Plato, painting our blue budgie, Rain.  I definitely had fun working on this, though I kept looking to Plato to see how her colors combined and she wasn't very helpful.  First she was preening and had her head tucked every time I looked over at her.  Then she was playing with a toy on her cage and I still couldn't see her head.  The next time I looked she was taking a nap with her face hidden.  I think maybe she was being a little shy.  


No comments: