Featured Post

Hoopa Doopa Valley Children's book , watercolor illustrations

  All three of the Hoopa Doopa Valley books are now available at Amazon.com! My aunt and I worked together to create this wonderful trilogy ...

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Ice Cream Shoppe watercolor for Illustration Friday

©SandraJessop, Ice Cream Shoppe, watercolor, 6x8"

For Illustration Friday's theme "ice cream".  Overall I'm pretty happy with this design.  I really like the way she is walking off the bottom.  I wanted to keep the colors light and sweet.  My kids approved the use of pink for an ice cream shop.  I sort of wish I had colored the door window panels differently, with maybe a glimpse inside the shop.  I made a bunch of line drawings on my ipad using Tayasui Sketches, something new I'm trying.  I've been admiring some digital illustrations and wanted to play around with that. I'm still figuring out how to use it, and how it works best for me.

...another ice cream illo from earlier this year. "Scoop"
http://azureviewart.blogspot.com/2017/03/scoop-for-illustration-friday-watercolor.html


No comments: