Featured Post

Hoopa Doopa Valley Children's book , watercolor illustrations

  All three of the Hoopa Doopa Valley books are now available at Amazon.com! My aunt and I worked together to create this wonderful trilogy ...

Thursday, June 1, 2017

"Feed Your Mind" watercolor, Illustration Friday

©SandraJessop, Feed Your Mind, watercolor, 5x7"

As the summer begins all the children will be looking for things to do.  While there are certainly camps, games, computers, ipads and swimming pools, I hope they will also remember books.  Printed words can help us travel to distant locations, open our imagination and plant ideas that will feed our minds.  I'm a little old school, in that I love the feel of actual paper in my hands (sometimes even the smell of it too), the sound of the pages turning.  the gradual moving of the bookmark, and the texture - is it one of those new velvety smooth covers?

I hope you find a good book to read this summer!


No comments: