Monday, October 7, 2013

Oatmeal pancakes

Creativity often happens in the kitchen.  This weekend my kids wanted pancakes but we were out of milk.  Now, I know some people will use orange juice instead but my children won't eat those.  And besides, we were out of orange juice.  (By Saturday I really need to go shopping.)  I suggested oatmeal.  How about oatmeal pancakes?  Half the family was intrigued so I started searching for a recipe.

I did not find exactly what I needed, but I felt pretty confident I could make something they would eat.  Success!


Enjoy my creation.
Yes, it has an oatmeal texture, but if you like 'em fluffy, mix in the blender.




Oatmeal pancakes

Mix together:
1/2 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup water 

Add:
1/2 cup flour
tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
One big shake of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 egg

Mix well

Ladle 1/4 cup at a time onto prepared griddle.
Makes about 8 pancakes.



1 comment:

Tracy said...

My daughter thinks they look great and wants us to try out the recipe :)