Featured Post

Hoopa Doopa Valley Children's book , watercolor illustrations

  All three of the Hoopa Doopa Valley books are now available at Amazon.com! My aunt and I worked together to create this wonderful trilogy ...

Friday, April 19, 2019

Hoopa Doopa Valley children's book, a farm story

I'm so excited to announce that the book I illustrated is now available at Blurb!
The story is written by Patricia Kerner and tells of a very special farm in the country, where all the vegetables grow taller and bigger and the cows have a special talent.

It was such a joy to work on this project, because Patricia Kerner is my aunt and the story came from my great grandfather.  I used family photos for inspiration, and included illustrations that have personal or family meaning.  I researched farms and flowers and clothing, practiced drawing a 1950 Ford pickup and lots of cows.  Even after all of that, one of the pages is really three different versions of myself.

Fun fact: on every two page spread there is some kind of bird. 


Available for purchase here:

View Hoopa Doopa Valley by Patricia Kerner

No comments: