Featured Post

Hoopa Doopa Valley Children's book , watercolor illustrations

  All three of the Hoopa Doopa Valley books are now available at Amazon.com! My aunt and I worked together to create this wonderful trilogy ...

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Nightmare Bear for Illustration Friday, digital



Well here it is, my first digital submission for Illustration Friday. I’ve been learning how to use Tayasui Sketches on the iPad mini. I watched a few demonstrations and reviews, but had to make my own mistakes. The most important lesson has been how to work in layers. The tool I find most enjoyable is, naturally, the watercolor brush. I played around with the free version over the summer, but finally decided to upgrade to Pro, to give it a fair trial. The more I use it, the more fun it is. Maybe someday I'll be ready for a fancy upgrade, but for now my stylus pen is working.

The bottom image was my first attempt after the "ghost of Christmas Future" stood behind me at a variety show.  It was disturbing.  Though my daughter liked the illustration, I wasn't sure how I felt about it.  So I made the second one above of the small figure being chased by a bear.  Again, it's a learning curve, but at least I've figured out how to mix colors.  So simple.  I'm glad I got this far.

No comments: