Featured Post

Hoopa Doopa Valley Children's book , watercolor illustrations

  All three of the Hoopa Doopa Valley books are now available at Amazon.com! My aunt and I worked together to create this wonderful trilogy ...

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Watercolors in Art Show at Anthem Civic Building

I love the location of my house.  It is built on a gentle slope above a natural desert wash.  Much of my inspiration comes from what I can see in this natural area.  It is full of wildlife - javelina and coyotes, jackrabbits and bunnies, quail and owls, hawks and verdins.  Ironwood trees, palo verdes, cresote bushes and cacti including some amazing saguaros, the quintessential symbol of the desert.  

From my perch above the wash I have a pretty good view of the top of these giants, where the flowers open, and then the bright red fruit that the birds love.  This painting of the saguaro blossoms was my interpretation of the bird's eye view.  Imagine flying up there for a closer look.



"Cactus Blossoms" is one of three watercolors by Sandra Jessop on display at the Anthem Civic Building.  The show entitled "Art in Public Places" is a partnership between the Anthem Community Council and the Sonoran Arts League.  Over 40 artists from the North Valley have over 80 pieces of artwork in the exhibit, on display until January 27.  All works are for sale.

No comments: