Beginning a "sunflowers on the wall" project. I got tired of seeing that huge stretch of wall and thought it might be fun to paint some sunflowers on it, since I wasn't successful at growing any this year. I started with a chalk outline to test the placement, because chalk is easy to change. In the past this wall has featured a horse and even a map of the United States.
On a trip to Michigan last year, the fields of sunflowers left a fantastic impression on me, and I thought this would be a great way to bring some home.
Once the chalk flowers were approved by everyone in the family it was time to start adding paint. We were in Home Depot twice in the last few days, but both times did not stop by the paint department for colors. Fortunately, after digging through the hall closet I found some old sample jars of acrylic and one of them had never been opened! So I ripped that plastic seal off and started dabbing something called Maize onto the wall. Perfect. It's a start!