Featured Post

Hoopa Doopa Valley Children's book , watercolor illustrations

  All three of the Hoopa Doopa Valley books are now available at Amazon.com! My aunt and I worked together to create this wonderful trilogy ...

Monday, March 7, 2016

Childhood for IF, watercolor and ink


A lot of my childhood memories are arranged by the pets we had.  I was fortunate to live in the country where we had lots of animals (horses, cows, pigs, goats, chickens, rabbits, dogs, cats), but it was different for my own children.  We volunteered on a nearby ranch for their "farm" experience and even let them raise a couple of chicks at home one spring. When those chicks grew we gave them to our friends who were already keeping chickens.  Over the years, our companions have included dogs, cats, birds, fish, bunnies, turtle, lizards, salamanders, gecko, tarantulas, scorpion, millipede, and rodents.

And yes, I've read the book by Gerald Durrell, "My Family and Other Animals".

1 comment:

Marilyn Patterson said...

A lovely image of spring and new life. I haven't read the book you mention. It's on my list now.