Featured Post

Hoopa Doopa Valley Children's book , watercolor illustrations

  All three of the Hoopa Doopa Valley books are now available at Amazon.com! My aunt and I worked together to create this wonderful trilogy ...

Monday, February 10, 2014

Gardening

It's been awhile since I posted, but February in the desert is great weather, so I was playing in the garden.

We rearranged some things and tried something new.  We also discovered that ground squirrels love to eat pansies and dianthus.  Grrrr.  I sprinkled a little cayenne pepper around the plants and filled the bird feeders in another part of the yard with black oil sunflower seeds. So far so good.  It seems to be working, which is great because we also planted some beet and carrot seeds and I hope he'll stay away from those.  Here are my quick notes in my journal to remember what kind they were.





"die Karotten" also happened to be in my German lesson that day.

No comments: