Featured Post

Hoopa Doopa Valley Children's book , watercolor illustrations

  All three of the Hoopa Doopa Valley books are now available at Amazon.com! My aunt and I worked together to create this wonderful trilogy ...

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Future for Illustration Friday

My son walked in, looked at the painting and asked, "What's the topic?"
"Future," I replied.
"Huh, doesn't look like the future.  Are there birds clocks in the future?"
I don't usually have to explain my work, but I actually put some thought into this one, so I pointed out  clockwise, half past and time moving forward, chicks and chickens, what we can see and what we can't see.  I was feeling pretty good about it.
"Oh, there should be cuckoo clocks with real cuckoos."  Maybe I tried too hard and should have stuck with a space train.


No comments: